This is a short walkthrough.
1. Personal details
- If you receive a salary, please tick application for approval of business trip or training/course.
- If you receive a stipend, please tick no-employee (Externe) and choose employed as "Stipendiat/In".
- Fill out the entire place of employment with name and address. Also give your home address and phone no if you are not employed at GEAS.
2. Travel details
- Note that the travel details may differ from the details you need to fill in the section Work at business location. You have to fill out both details. Work at business location is the start date/time and end date/time of the conference.
- You are allowed by the Federal Travel Expense Act to combine your stay with a private stay of no more than 5 weekdays. These have to be indicated in the "private stay" field.
- Please specify the reason for traveling with the reason (paper presentation/panel organization) and the exact name of the conference or summer school.
3. Means of transportation
Please use the cheapest means possible (train, bus, shared car), but also help save the environment. You are of course allowed to use an airplane if you are travelling within Europe or abroad. You will always need to state a reason for plane use: "significantly cheaper than the train/bus", "no other means available (overseas tavel)", or if you cannot get to the location in time (i.e. "more than 7 hours travel time").
- Please tick the field "travel costs are partially waived for daily allowance". As non-empoyees, you will not receive daily allowances.
- Please also tick the field for waiving the cost of accommodation if you are only applying for reimbursement of a flight ticket.
- Please also indicate the potential costs in the field below.
Please tick either one - in case you have teaching obligations, you have to inform the head of department in advance.
Below part left:
Please fill out this part, and do not forget to sign the sheet after printing it out.
Below part right:
This part will be filled out by GEAS or the person responsible for funding, as well as the head of department.
Please do not forget to fill in your name and GEAS address (not your home address).
The rest of the sheet will be filled out by the head of department.