If the travel budget is approved by GEAS, what next?

If the budget is approved by GEAS coordinator, you will need to apply formally for travel approval at the university at least 6 weeks in advance.

The travel needs to be approved by two people:

1. the person responsible for the budget and 2. the head of the respective department or the central travel department. 

For approval, please download the form "Antrag auf Genehmigung einer Dienstreise", fill out page 1 as well as include your GEAS address on page 2: https://www.fu-berlin.de/sites/abt-1/formulare/05dienstreisen/index.html

Please be advised to

1. fill out the form online (not with a pen)

2. print out the form and sign it. Unsigned forms or forms sent by email will be ignored and sent back immediately. 

3. submit the form including the invitation and the conference program to the office of the person responsible for the budget.

For GEAS, the person responsible for the budget is the GEAS Director. Apply at GEAS Office. For DAAD, the person responsible for the budget is your supervisor. Apply at their respective office/institute. For travels approved by CIC or central funding, they will usually let you know where to apply for travel approval.