Please download and fill out the form for travel reimbursement (Abrechnung der Reisekosten) at https://www.fu-berlin.de/sites/abt-1/formulare/05dienstreisen/index.html
Please note that the university is only able to reimburse actual expenses that have already occured and that you have already paid for.
What you need for reimbursement:
- Copy of travel approval by the department.
- Program (full program) of event
- Invoices (Original)
- Bill/Receipts (original)
- Itinerary and boarding cards/tickets. (original or printouts with scan code).
- If paid with credit or debit card: bank statement of transfer.
- Should you have paid the fees for any expenses in another currency than EUR, please
use the sum indicated in the bank statement (if in EUR) or use the following website to calculate the rate for the exact date of payment: OANDA
- Tape your receipts/boarding cards on one or more sheet(s) of Din A4 paper, indicating name and date of travel.
- If you share a hotel room with another colleague or partner, make sure each of you pay separately and receive a separate bill. You will not get reimbursed if the other person has paid for the room.
- If you decide to travel from another city than Berlin or return from another city than the location of your conference, please state reasons in advance. These will only be approved if fees for travel from the other location are cheaper than the fees for the travel itinerary from Berlin. Note that you need to submit a proof. Keep screenshots in case you have compared prices for flights/tickets online and submit them with all other documents.
- Refer to the BRKG (German Federal Travel Expense Act) for more info.