Please download and fill out the form for travel reimbursement "Abrechnung der Reisekosten" at https://www.fu-berlin.de/sites/abt-1/formulare/05dienstreisen/index.html
Please note that the university is only able to reimburse incurring and personal expenses. No third party or accompanying person can be reimbursed.
What you need for reimbursement:
- Copy of travel approval by the department.
- Program (full program) of event.
- Invoices (Original)
- Bill/Receipts (original)
- Itinerary and boarding cards/tickets. (original or pdf/jpg printouts with scan code).
- By payment with credit or debit card: bank statement of transfer.
- Should you have paid the fees for any expenses in another currency than EUR, please
use the sum indicated in the bank statement (if in EUR) or use the following website to calculate the rate for the exact date of payment: OANDA
- Tape your receipts/boarding cards on one or more sheet(s) of Din A4 paper, indicating name and date of travel.
- If you share a hotel room with another colleague or partner, make sure each of you pay separately and receive a separate bill. You will not get reimbursed unless you can prove that you have paid your debts to the third person involved.
- If you decide to travel from another city than Berlin/return from another city than the location of your conference, please state reasons in advance. These can only be approved if fees for travel from the other location are cheaper than the fees for the travel itinerary from Berlin. Note that you need to submit a proof and a comparison that the usual train/flight is more expensive. Keep screenshots in case you have compared prices for flights/tickets online before booking and submit them with all other documents.
- Check the BRKG (German Federal Travel Expense Act) for more info.