At GEAS, a mobility phase of months should be mandatory for students to conduct field research. Some research foundations and associations allso allow their students to travel to Asia.
Others can be found here:
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD): Fellowships for doctoral candidates (1 year, Jahres und Kurzzeitstipendien für Doktoranden). DAAD offers doctoral students a monthly fellowship to conduct research from 6-12 months in any Northeast Asian country.
- German Institute for Japanese Studies (DIJ Tokyo): Ressearch fellowships, 3-12 months in Japan.
- Japan Foundation: Japanese Studies Research Fellowships, up to 12 months in Japan
- JSPS Fellowships (for PhD and postdoctoral candidates). JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowships (short-term) provide support for doctoral candidates and post-doctoral researchers to spend 1 to 12 months working on research in Japan. For sponsorship periods exceeding six months, the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation preselects post-doctoral candidates on behalf of JSPS. Pre-selection of candidates applying for shorter periods and those who have not taken their doctorates is conducted by the DAAD. Up to 20 JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowships are granted annually.
- MOST Taiwan fellowships (postdoctoral candidates): research stay (3−12 months) in Taiwan. Preselection by Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
- Korea Foundation: Field Research Fellowship for codtoral students in Korea.
- CCKF: Grants for short-term research for doctoral candidates in Taiwan.