SSRJ Research Fellow University of Göttingen
GEAS POINT Fellow 2014-2016
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Brown University, 2014 – 2015
- Adjunct Instructor, University of Oregon, 2013 – 2014
- Postdoctoral fellow, Nanyang Technological University, 2012- 2013
- Sessional Lecturer at Simon Fraser University, 2011, 2012
- University of British Columbia , Ph.D. History, 2012
- National Cheng Chi University, Taipei. M.A. Diplomacy, 2003
- Moscow State University, Institute of Asian and African Studies. B.A., Chinese Studies, 1998
- Belarusian Academy of Fine Arts, Minsk, Belarus, 1991-1994
My project examines Chinese communist organizations overseas in transnational settings during the early Cold War focusing on organization, nationalism, and internationalism. I am also working on book manuscript based on my PhD dissertation and tentatively entitled Nanyang Revolution: Nation, Globalization, and Internationalism in Chinese networks, 1890-1957.
- Belogurova, A., 2019. The Nanyang Revolution : the Comintern and Chinese Networks in Southeast Asia, 1890–1957., Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2019, 263 pp.
- Guo Jie (Konstantin M. Tertitski), Bai Anna (Anna Belogurova), translated by Li Suian, Chen Jinsheng, edited by Xu Xueji, Zhong Shumin. Taiwan gongchan zhuyi yundong yu gongchan guoji （1924-1932）Yanjiu. Dang’an. [Taiwanese Communist Movement and the Comintern, 1924-1932. Research and Documents] Taiwan, Taibei: Zhongyang yanjiuyuan Taiwan shi yanjiusuo [Academia Sinica, the Department of the Taiwanese History], June 2010, 542 pp.
- K.M. Tertitski, A.E. Belogurova, Taiwanskoye kommunisticheskoye dvizheniye i Komintern, 1924-1932 [Taiwanese Communist Movement and the Comintern, 1924-1932] Moscow: Vostok-Zapad, 2005, 623 pp.
Articles and Book Reviews
- “The Malayan Communist Party, Internationalism, and Chinese Political Participation during the Cold War (1920s–1950s)”, in ed. Leslie James, E. Leake, Decolonization and the Cold War: Negotiating Independence, Bloomsbury Academic Press, New Approaches to International History, 2015, pp. 125-144.
- “The Chinese International of Nationalities: the Chinese Communist Party, the Comintern, and the Foundation of the Malayan National Communist Party (1923-1939),” The Journal of Global History, 9.3 (November 2014), pp. 447-470.
- “Communism in Southeast Asia,” in Oxford Handbook of Communism, edited by Stephen Anthony Smith, Oxford University Press (2014), pp. 236-251.
- “The Civic World of International Communism: The Taiwanese Communists and the Comintern (1921-1931),” Modern Asian Studies, 46:6 (2012), pp. 1602-1632.
- Review. The Chinese Communist Party and China’s Capitalist Revolution: The Political Impact of Market. Routledge Contemporary China Series, 61. By Lance L.P. Gore. New York; London: Routledge, 2013. Pacific Affairs, September 2014, 87:3, pp.571-573.
- Review. Moscow and the Emergence of Communist Power in China, 1925-30: The Nanchang Uprising and the Birth of the Red Army. By Bruce A. Elleman. London and New York: Routledge, 2009. Pacific Affairs, Summer 2010: Volume 83, No.2, p. 380.
- Review. Chinese Migrants and Internationalism: Forgotten histories, 1917-1945. By Gregor Benton. London and New York: Routledge, 2007. Pacific Affairs, Winter 2008: Volume 80, No. 4, pp. 666-668.
- Review.Where Empires Collided: Russian and Soviet Relations with Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macao. By Michael Share. Hong Kong: Chinese University Press, 2007. Pacific Affairs, Summer 2007: Vol. 80, No. 2, pp. 356-357.
- “Programma yaponskoy administratsii po assimilyatsii naseleniya Tayvanya i ee realizatsiya (1937-1945)” [The Japanese administration policy of the assimilation of the Taiwan’s population and its implementation (1937-1945)], XXIX nauchnaya konferentsiya ‘Obschestvo i gosudarstvo v Kitaye’ [29 International Conference “Society and State in China”] Moscow, 1999, pp.124-129.
- “Mery yaponskoy administratsii po osuschestvleniyu ‘mobilizatsii’ na Tayvane (1937-1945)” [The Japanese administration “mobilization” policy in Taiwan (1937-1942)] in Tezisy dokladov IX Mezhdunarodnoy nauchnoy konferentsii “Kitai, kitaiskaya tsiviliatsiya i mir. Istoriya, sovremennost, perspectivy” [IX International Conference “China, Chinese Civilization, and the World. History, Present, Perspectives.” Abstracts] Volume II, Moscow, 1998, pp. 65-69.
- “Politika yaponskoy administratsii na Tayvane (1895-1945)” (The Japanese administration policy in Taiwan (1895-1945), Problemy Dalnego Vostoka [Far Eastern Affairs] No.6 (1999) pp.96-104.
- “An Evening Conversation with Yu Hua,” in St.John’s College Newsletter, Winter 2010, p.4.
- “Bai’eluosi shehui zhuyi xianshi zhuyi” [Belarusian Socialist Realist Painters], Lishi wenwu yuekan [Historical Artifacts. Bulletin of the National Taiwan Museum of History] No.3 (2000), pp. 32-37.