After having been approved by the PhD office of your department, the PhD Office will send you an official "Zulassung" (admission certificate), proving your eligibility to enroll as a PhD candidate at FUB.
Within the following 30 days you should officially enroll as PhD candidate via postal mail. You may also visit the Info Counter if you live nearby. Should you not able to enroll within this time frame or if the letter of admission has expired, please contact the GEAS Office or the PhD Office. The enrollment time can be extended for reasons such as visa applications or moving plans.
For enrollment, please enrol online for a studentship at FU Berlin. Note that enrollment fees are about 300 EUR per semester (6 semesters in total):
- Acceptance Letter/ Admission Certificate
- DRS enrolment confirmation (issued by GEAS)
- Completed enrollment application (online form)
- Proof of health insurance
- Original and copy of passport or ID (including visa)
- Withdrawal certificate from the last (German) university (if applicable)
- Original documents or copies (as the PhD Office will ask for originals or certified copies, simple copies can be attached):
BA and MA or letter from your university
Proof of proficiency in English (C1)
- Enrollment fee
You will receive a student ID which provides access to the public transport system, benefits for cafeteria, sports and other cultural stuff, etc.