What do I need for an application?
Applications to GEAS will be submitted online via the internet portal by Dahlem Research School.
We expect you to write a research proposal for your dissertation project of not more than 6 pages.
Please upload original copies and English translations of your documents to be (scanned) uploaded in .pdf or .jpg (not larger than 2MB).
The list of necessary documents includes:
- High school diploma
- BA transcripts and official BA diploma/certificate (or equivalent)
- MA transcripts (transcripts should be updated if graduation is scheduled after the application period)
- official MA diploma/certificate, if applicable
- English language proficiency (C1), if at hand. Can be handed in later.
A screenshot of preliminary test results for TOEFL/IELTS, etc. can be uploaded. However, for successful admission to FU, you will need a paper copy of the test results, so please make sure to order one in advance.
Please note that there is no TOEFL code for the GEAS. The TOEFL code for FU Berlin should not be used.
- East Asian language proficiency
- 2 Letters of reference (need to be uploaded by the referees themselves)
- Additional certificates, publications, internships, etc., if available