La Rochelle University will host the 30th biennial AKSE Conference from 28 (Thursday) to 31 (Sunday) October 2021 in La Rochelle, France. The Conference is co-organized by La Rochelle Université and Université de Paris with the AKSE Council.
The Association for Korean Studies in Europe, founded in 1977, is the main scholarly society for Korean Studies in Europe. Its objectives are to stimulate and coordinate academic Korean studies in all countries of Europe, and to contribute to the spread of knowledge of Korea among a wider public.
The biennial AKSE conferences provide an opportunity for European scholars of Korean studies to gather and exchange research. Hosting the membership meeting, they are the most important event of the association as such. AKSE conferences are also a way for European scholars to communicate with the global academic community. We thus warmly welcome non‐Europeans and non‐members.
- Day 1 (Thursday) registration, opening ceremony, dinner
- Day 2 and 3 (Friday and Saturday) full conference days
- Day 4 (Sunday) half conference day: end of the public events after lunch
|Day 1 (Thursday)||registration, opening ceremony, dinner|
|Day 2 and 3 (Friday and Saturday)||full conference days|
|Day 4 (Sunday)||half conference day: end of the public events after lunch|
Key information for prospective participants
- Submission of abstracts and panel proposals 1st September 2020 – 31st December 2020 – Extended submission deadline has now passed.
- Notification of paper acceptance 20 April 2021
- Registration 20 April – 30 June 2021
- Paper submission 20 April 2021 – 30 September 2021
- Administrators and contact persons Evelyne Chérel-Riquier, Kim Jin-Ok,
- Conference website: http://akse2021.univ-lr.fr
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org