Expert Workshop: Headlines are not the main story: a contrarian view on economic reform under Xi Jinping
Expert Workshop on environmental governance under Xi Jinping with Prof. Christine Wong, Director of the Centre for Contemporary Chinese Studies at the University of Melbourne, Prof. Genia Kostka, Prof. of Chinese Politics at the FU Berlin and other experts. We particularly welcome PhDs to present their work.
- Prof. Christine Wong: China‘s war on air pollution: Can existing governance structures support new ambitions?
- Prof. Genia Kostka: Trans-jurisdictional environmental problems in China: Incentive structures and adaptive state capacity
- Xinyi Lin (PhD Candidate GEAS): Latest research on environmental protests in China
- Julia Teebken (PhD Candidate GEAS): Climate adaptation and vulnerable populations - local governance approaches in China and the U.S
- Dr. Emina Popović (PostDoc Fellow GEAS): Influencing Environmental Policy Making in China
- Prof. Eva Sternfeld (FU Berlin): Nuclear Waste Governance in China – Once through or closed fuel cycle?
- Angela Leggett (PhD Candidate GEAS): Diverging firm responses to NGO monitoring of corporate environmental responsibiltyin China.
Should you be interested in presenting your doctoral research or participate in this workshop related to environmental policy, please contact Susanne Ebermann at Susanne.email@example.com by April 15th.
This workshop is organized by Prof. Kostka (Chinese Studies) in collaboration with GEAS.
Time & Location
Jun 16, 2017 | 10:00 AM - 03:00 PM
Room 2.2051 (Holzlaube)
Freie Universität Berlin