Springe direkt zu Inhalt

Insurance Certificates within Europe (salaried employees only)

If you receive a salary and are an employee, your travel is covered by the university accident insurance.

This is not the case for other insurances, in particular travel and health insurances

When travelling within the European Union, your EU insurance card is not enough to prove your social security if an accident occurs. For travels to Europe, and all other EEA countries and Switzerland, Freie Universität Berlin employees who are conducting business travel must apply and carry with them the A1 certificate (the official German name is “Bescheinigung über die anzuwendenden Rechtsvorschriften – A1”), regardless of how long the business trip lasts.

This means that immediately after your travel is approved, please request the A1 certificate at the Personnel Division. Download the A1 info sheet or ask our office for more info.