Secondment (travel over 6 weeks, salaried employees only)
Salaried employees who want to travel or do research stays for more than 6 weeks need approval for secondment from the travel department and personnel office.
Please prepare the following papers about at least 2 months before the research trip:
- A letter indicating why the research stay is necessary, a research proposal and a time schedule for your research stay
- The copy of the invitation letter by the partner university including the length of the research stay
- A letter of support by the project supervisor, and a short approving statement by the Head of Department (Verwaltungsleitung) that they agree to the trip
- Please also take out (health) travel insurance for the entire stay
- The application form for travel approval for the research stay
Afterwards, please send the entire applciation package to the travel department, and a copy to your personnel office. YOu will probably need to sign secondment contracts before the travel.