Springe direkt zu Inhalt


GEAS researchers can use their travel budget flexibly. If you want to apply for travel approval, please submit an application to the GEAS Office. You will need to apply formally for travel approval at the university at least 6 weeks in advance. Travel approval is not possible after the travel has taken place. 

Please also take out travel insurance for your trips - the EU health insurance only covers trips in Germany/Europe, and does not cover trips abroad. (Health insurance is not covered by university)

Please include the following details:

    1. Copy of Invitation (to conference), confirmation (of participance) and a pdf of the conference program (or copy/Screenshot)
    2. Invitation from a university host (for fieldwork)
    3. Short travel plan including dates of travel and potential costs of transport/accommodation

The travel needs to be approved by two people:

1. the person responsible for the budget (*see below) and 2. the head of the respective department or the central travel department. 

For approval, please download the form "Antrag auf Genehmigung einer Dienstreise", fill out page 1 as well as include your GEAS address on page 2: https://www.fu-berlin.de/sites/abt-1/formulare/05dienstreisen/index.html

Please be advised to

1. fill out the form online (not with a pen)

2. print out the form and sign it. Unsigned forms or forms sent by email will be ignored and sent back immediately. 

3. submit the form including the invitation and the conference program to the office of the person responsible for the budget.

For GEAS, the person responsible for the budget is the GEAS Director. Apply for travel approval at GEAS Office. For DAAD subsidies, the person responsible for the budget is your supervisor. Apply at GEAS or with your supervisor directly.  For travels approved by CIC or other cost centers, etc, the head of the respective office will ask you to return the sheets to them for approval.