GEAS students can use their travel budget flexibly. If you want to apply for travel approval, please submit an application to the GEAS Office. You will need to apply formally for travel approval at the university at least 6 weeks in advance. Travel approval is not possible after the travel has taken place.
Please include the following details:
- Copy of Invitation (to conference), confirmation (of participance) and conference program/link to website
- Invitation from a university (for fieldwork)
- Travel plan including dates of travel and potential costs of transport/accommodation
The travel needs to be approved by two people:
1. the person responsible for the budget (*see below) and 2. the head of the respective department or the central travel department.
For approval, please download the form "Antrag auf Genehmigung einer Dienstreise", fill out page 1 as well as include your GEAS address on page 2: https://www.fu-berlin.de/sites/abt-1/formulare/05dienstreisen/index.html
Please be advised to
1. fill out the form online (not with a pen)
2. print out the form and sign it. Unsigned forms or forms sent by email will be ignored and sent back immediately.
3. submit the form including the invitation and the conference program to the office of the person responsible for the budget.For GEAS, the person responsible for the budget is the GEAS Director. Apply at GEAS Office. For DAAD subsidies, the person responsible for the budget is your supervisor. Apply at their respective office/institute. For travels approved by CIC or other cost centers, etc, the head of the respective office will ask you to return the sheets to them.