DAAD mobility long term (12 months)
This scholarship programme offers the opportunity to carry out research abroad within the framework of a doctoral project and to gain further scientific qualifications. Applications are open to doctoral candidates with above-average qualifications who are seeking a doctorate from a German university.
Research Training Groups of the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft are eligible to apply. Scholarship holders of the Research Training Groups (with DFG funding) can only apply for short doctoral fellowships. Funding for more than 6 months is only possible if DFG funding is suspended.
Duration is 7 to 12 months; the individual funding period is determined by a selection committee depending on the project and the work plan.The scholarship cannot be extended.
In addition, a short doctoral fellowship may not be taken up immediately following a one-year fellowship.
The scholarship includes the following benefits:
- A monthly scholarship installment, depending on the host country.
- Travel allowance depending on host country
- Health, accident and personal liability insurance benefits
- a monthly lump sum of 102 euros for research and congress costs
- The monthly DAAD scholarship rate for a specific country / status is displayed online in the DAAD Scholarship calculator
In addition, further benefits may be granted upon application under certain conditions:
- Supplement for spouses or life partners of 150 euros per month
- Subsidy for childcare costs
- Grant for travel in the host country directly related to the project (please submit a cost estimate with confirmation of the supervising university teacher with the application).
30 September 2019, start February 2020
31 March 2020, start August 2020
- Taiwan, China, Hongkong, Macao, Singapore:
30 September 2019, start September 2020