Promos @FU Berlin
PROMOS – Program for the mobility of undergraduate and postgraduate students
PROMOS sponsors short term stays abroad (maximum duration six months) organized independently by you and adjusted to your individual academic needs. In particular, the programme aims to support projects which are not covered by other DAAD scholarships. The application process includes a quality-oriented selection process.
Information on the application procedure for the upcoming year can be found here (in German).
PROMOS-scholarships are awarded within the following categories:
- Funding of studies and research abroad worldwide
- Funding of language courses worldwide
- Funding of internships outside of Europe
- Funding of summer schools and similar courses worldwide
- Funding of group excursions and competition trips worldwide
The following groups can receive a PROMOS scholarship (links in German):
- Undergraduate students
- Postgraduate students
- Groups which go on an excursion or participate in a competition abroad
Please note that Ph. D. students may only apply for language courses, summer schools and similar programs, as well as group trips.
International students can also apply for a PROMOS scholarship. Please find the necessary information on special conditions at the international office.
A scholarship may include the following:
- A monthly partial scholarship
- Reimbursement of the travel costs (set amount depending on destination)
- Fees for a language or summer course: 500€
The respective amounts are fixed and available for your information here (in German).
Information on the application procedure can be found here (in German).
Dates and deadlines
Application deadlines end twice a year:
Early October to early November:
Trips abroad starting within the first half of the up-coming year (01/01 – 31/07)
Early April to early May:
Trips abroad starting within the second half of the up-coming year (01/07 – 31/12)
Please see current deadlines here.