GEAS is cooperating with several Research Projects and serves as International Exchange Coordination with partner universities. For more information, please visit the partners' websites or ask our coordinator for more information.
Cooperation Partners in Berlin
GEAS Graduate School of East Asian Studies is a structured doctoral programme of Dahlem Research School, the doctoral research facility of Freie Unviersität Berlin, and a cooperation partner in the Cluster of Excellence SCRIPTS.
The school is based in the Department of History and Cultural Studies. Our main cooperating departments (institutes) are:
1. History and Cultural Studies (Japanese Studies, Chinese Studies, Korean Studies based on social sciences, History, Cultural Studies)
2. Political and Social Sciences (Political Science, International Relations, Social and Cultural Anthropology, Political Communication, (Gender Studies))
3. Business and Economics (Doctoral Program in Business Research)
4. Law (International, Public and Civil Law)
5. Philosophy and Humanities (Gender and Theatre Studies)
In addition to the departments at FU, we also cooperate with colleagues (GEAS Principal Investigators) at the following FU departments and Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin:
1. Freie Universität Berlin, Department of Geography (Human Geography) - Antonie Schmiz
2. Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, Southeast Asian Studies - Claudia Derichs
2. Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, Chinese Studies - Sarah Eaton
Our main cooperating research institutes in Berlin are Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik (SWP), Japanisch-Deutsches Zentrum Berlin (JDZB) and Deutsche Gesellschaft für Auswärtige Politik (DGAP).
GEAS also cooperates with other graduate schools in the cluster (BGTS) and BGSMCS, FSGS, BerGSAS, GNAS and HCS.